Harlaxton College (the British Campus of the University of Evansville, Indiana, USA) wishes to appoint a residential Teaching Fellow in British Studies with research interests in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences.
In addition to taking a major role in the delivery and development of the College’s core course in British Studies, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach their own course/s subject to student demand and space within the existing curriculum.
Please note, this is a residential post: the Teaching Fellow will be provided with accommodation at Harlaxton College, an early Victorian manor house in the East Midlands of England, and undertake certain pastoral duties as well as a range of extra-curricular activities in accordance with their interests and qualifications.
The Harlaxton programme, recently judged the Number 1 US study abroad experience, blends academic work with travel and experiential learning in order to encourage students to become responsible global citizens.
Qualifications and Qualities
- PhD/DPhil in hand or close to completion.
- Research interests in the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences (e.g. Art History, English Literature, Geography, Heritage/Museum Studies, Early Modern History (16th–18th centuries), Music, Politics/Political Science).
- Undergraduate teaching experience. A teaching qualification (e.g. PGCHE) is desirable although there will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to acquire this at Harlaxton.
- A demonstrable interest in study abroad/intercultural relations.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities, including the College’s travel programme throughout Britain and Europe, and to extend that range of activities.
The Teaching Fellowship is a three year fixed-term appointment subject to a one-year probationary period. The appointment will begin on 1 August 2015. A research allowance is also provided as well as financial support for a teaching qualification, if required.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, Harlaxton College will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EEA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this appointment.
Enquiries may be made to: David Green (Chair of British Studies) firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Bianca Leggett (Teaching Fellow in British Studies) email@example.com Harlaxton College Harlaxton Lincs NG32 1AG. Tel; 01476 403000
Further details concerning the post and Harlaxton College may be found at: http://www.harlaxton.ac.uk/aboutUs/vacancies.cfm
To Apply: Please send a C.V. and a letter of application by Friday 15 May 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note; application is by email only.
We intend to hold interviews in the week beginning 15 June.
Source: New feed
Teaching Fellow in British Studies