University of Nottingham – Commercial Finance
|Salary:||£17,039 to £20,198 Please see advert|
|Placed on:||24th April 2015|
|Closes:||8th May 2015|
Location: University Park
Salary: £17,039 to £20,198 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Applications are invited for this permanent post in the Financial Management Department delivering financial advice and information to business units across the University. The role holder will work as part of a team, providing effective and efficient operational financial services and support to the Faculty of Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering is the largest single academic business unit in the University. The Faculty has a gross income of £86m per annum and an operating cost base of around £32m per annum. The Faculty runs a number of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees cross a range of subjects, organised primarily into six themes; Chemical & Environmental Engineering; Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering; Architecture & Built Environment; Civil Engineering; Electrical & Electronic Engineering; and Foundation Engineering & Physical Sciences. It undertakes a substantial amount of research of world-leading quality across a range of themes with a gross research income of £30m per annum, and is very proactive in securing funding from both internal strategic funds and external funders.The role will be based on University Park, in the Coates Building.
The main job responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
Financial administration including:
- Processing purchase orders on behalf of the Faculty which includes the use of Agresso Logistics and the University purchasing card system.
- Travel booking arrangements and payment in line with Procurement and Faculty policies.
- Acting as a point of contact in the Finance Office, answering questions on the University’s financial policies and procedures. Liaising with staff and students as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues in other departments (eg HR, RGS, Procurement, Payment Services) to resolve queries.
- Expenditure and Income processing in line with the University’s processes.
Please complete the application form and attach your CV. Should you apply and be successful in being shortlisted, there will be an objective assessment as well as an interview.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Sally Alton, tel: 0115 951 4138 or email email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England
Source: New feed